Ella Grace...False Alarm

I was up half the night last night praying and too excited to sleep. Plus I think Baby Mayfield kept me tossing and turning with discomfort because he/she also knew something was up. My brother Jonathan called on their way to the hospital. Following doctor's orders, they were to head to the hospital when contractions were 5 minutes apart. But when they got there, along with all the fam, they were told to go back home until things get even closer. In my opinion, their advice on 1 to 2 minutes apart is way too close. Of course I'm no doctor. Anyone else have thoughts on that one?

But I have to say that this is truly such an exciting time for our family. Ella Grace is coming any day now. Baby Mayfield is growing like crazy and truly changing all of Mommy's habits. My mother is enjoying every minute of it and is trying to just be calm and contain herself. My father seems to be a bit more emotional than usual when thinking about his grandbabies. Mom and Dad Mayfield say they don't care what we have, but somewhere I have to believe the idea of a first granddaughter is a bit tempting for them not to desire. Life is fun, is it not?

All in all, please be lifting up Jonathan, Kara, and Ella. As I would imagine like the first of anything, there is always nerves and excitement that goes along with the unknown. Lift up the perfect time for Ella Grace's arrival to this world, safe delivery, and a beautiful time for the little Lindsay family!

No comments: