Sawyer just figured out how to climb up onto the sofas. It's ADORABLE! One foot up, a slight grunt, pull, and lift off! He sits back, reclines, and squeals for joy. However, he has also realized how fun it is to crawl to the end of the couch and stand up. Hmmm...
We have started working on "Sawyer, do not stand, sit down!" We've used the same words. Modeled to him by showing him "sit down". Does he understand? YOU BET! Does he obey? That's another story.
Today, he did what he always does. Foot up, grunt, pull, lift off, and squeal! Then, travel to the end of the sofa to stand up. However, today, I asked him to please sit down and not stand BEFORE he did so. He looked at me, smiled, and slightly lifted his legs to a standing position only to sit down quickly. Smile!
I responded. "Sawyer, think about it.." He looked at me, smiled, slight lift of the legs, sat down quickly. Smile!
"Sawyer! Sit down. If you stand, I will put you OFF the couch."
His response? Smile and STOOD with a joyful squeal!
I gave a slight spank, repeated my phrase, and put him down. I'm Mommy and I mean what I say. He of course whined and looked at me as if to say "how dare you do that to me!" It's SO cute, but I mean what I say!
Therefore, despite having an absolutely adorable child....
We...MUST.BE.CONSISTENT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment