House chores are difficult regardless of where you live. However, in India, they are a reoccurring nightmare! Indian friends often ask me what it's like as a housewife in America and are always amazed to hear that you don't have to dust and clean your floors daily. It truly is so dusty here that the floors have to be swept and mopped daily, furniture dusted, and, not to mention, the never ending cycle of washing dishes! We are thankful to have a washing machine, but hang our laundry as our facility is not equipped for a dryer. Now, there are some people who can afford dishwashers and dryers. But I am not one of those people and it's okay! Or should I say, those two items are not things we have budgeted for and, therefore, are at peace to do without.
But with all that said, chores take up a lot of time and I find myself struggling to get everything done in one day plus be a good Mommy, kind wife, faithful blogger, a sane pregnant woman, listening friend, and effective ambassador for HIM! Therefore, we re-figured our budget and made allowances to pay someone to wash our dishes and cut fruits and vegetables!
For the past 2 days, my life has been less complicated and more organized than it's been in quite some time! Of course it's not ALL roses. I like my space and my first preference is not to have 2 women in my kitchen, for 1 hour, 6 days a week. And I do feel a bit like a little queen, sitting on her throne, facilitating the help. BUT, that sacrifice is worth every penny in exchange for the blessing I am receiving from it! Plus, it's good practice for my Hindi and great opportunity for Sawyer to hear 3 languages: English, Hindi, and Bengali! (Sorry for the poor picture quality/take-I snuck it while they were working hard and couldn't bear to let them know I was taking it while they were in their "work" clothes).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment