Southern Living Chapter 6

We have made several trips to and from South Carolina via Interstate 24.  With every trip, the Ruby Falls Exit near Chattanooga was one we were always tempted to take, but never did.  That is, until our last trip to Missouri with Mom and Dad Mayfield.

Ruby Falls...here we come!  It was a long journey down into the earth and through an impressive cave.  We were at the back of the group and Dad Mayfield had the privilege duty to serve as the caboose to make sure all group members were present and safe at all times.  30 minutes later.  We approached the magnificent Ruby Falls!

The guide said we should take our time and enjoy.
The guide said we should take a trip behind the waterfall.
The guide said not to hurry as we would have plenty of time.
The guide said we should take a pictures in front of the waterfall.
The guide said to enjoy!

We soaked in God's beautiful water creation!  We took the advice of the our trusted guide.  We went behind the fall, touched the water, and enjoyed every minute of it.  5 minutes later, as we approached the front to take a family picture, suddenly the lights went out.  Our guide and group were gone!  So, blindedly, I took this shot!  Isn't the waterfall beautiful!!!


Needless to say the 30 minute trip back to the entrance was very painful for me.  I.WAS.LIVID!  All I wanted was a picture of us in front of what we paid to see and took 30 minutes to get to.  Plus.  Hello?  What about the caboose?  Never even checked to make sure we were safe!!

As we exited the cave and passed by the guide, I held my tongue and glanced up to read the sign.

I.THINK.NOT!









So for the rest of our vacation, I made sure to get a picture of every waterfall I could possibly find!!!

No comments: