My parents have never been ones to take long, far away vacations. We always lived far away from family so, growing up, we always took vacations to see family in Illinois, Indiana, or Missouri. Naturally, my parents were ecstatic and thankful to the Lord when they received a call from my dad's boss telling them their way to the company retreat in Cancun, Mexico had been completely paid for and all they needed to do was show up for the plane ride! They went at the end of April, but I am just now blogging about it because I recently got a cd full of pictures from home.I am so thankful to the Lord for this blessing in my parent's lives. I know they needed the break and I always love seeing them having fun together. I LOVE this picture of my mom because she just looks like a kid playing in the water. For those of you who know my mom, she has such a love for being silly, having fun, and making others happy! Plus she never goes without a tan and if water is near by, she is in it!!

I think Mom looks absolutely beautiful in this one! Perhaps your mansion in heaven Mom will be near the Ocean of God's Eternal Love?

And of course Dad looks too cool with his sunglasses in this one! I would say Ella thinks Grandpa looks very distinguished with his beautiful, but scratchy gray gotee.

"It is Well, with my Soul" has always been a favorite hymn in our family. My Great Granny Nice, Grandma Bea, Dad, and I always tear up when we hear it. So I can't help but look at this picture and think.."Dad, thank you for leading my to the Lord! Thank you for your love for Jesus. I love seeing you stand in the ocean that our Heavenly Father created with just His voice and know that you can look out and say 'It is well with my soul!!' ".
No comments:
Post a Comment