Saying Good-bye to Field


I was so touched when I found out that Sheri, my aide, and several others were planning a good-bye party for me. Field has become my home these past 3 years, and it has been difficult as JP and I prepare to move to India. How do you say good-bye to so many that have become so dear? But it's just like the song says "He gives and takes away. He gives and takes away. My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name!"
On Thursday afternoon, I took my 3rd graders out near the outdoor classroom area. They had cake, lemonade, flowers, and presents. It was not only touching to see parents and my students, but to also see my former students from the last 2 years come as well. We spent time passing out cards, writing down email addresses, hugging, and some more hugging. If you know me, you will totally understand how important it is for me to get my hugs in.
It was a beautiful party and I felt so loved. I stayed strong and didn't cry. Of course, tears came later as I read through my 2005-2008 scrapbook filled with letters from all of my students. What a blessing it has been to be a part of so many lives!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you kiddo. I am so glad that I was able to spend the last 3years with you! You are so special to me. I'll keep the kids updated next year during school.