Sunday schedule with our team included India orientation, lunch and kurta shopping at Ambi Mall, and then more orientation and party planning in the afternoon back at the Mayfield home.
We arrived back to our place and everyone seemed to be going way to slow for me in making progress back into the house. I led the way, opened the front door, and suddenly was stunned with the house covered with streamers, balloons, and my Gurgaon American sisters INSIDE the house! With those ladies infront and my team behind, SURPRISE was shouted loudly and all I could think was, "whose birthday is it?" However, as soon as I saw my "princess" chair covered with presents and my favorite snack foods on the table, I realized it was a baby shower for Benjamin and I. And yes, I started tearing up! Especially when I saw that Tiffany had made a HUGE bowl of peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate.
Apparently my sisters in Gurgaon called my sisters on the team and planned out the entire thing. My wonderful husband was also in on it in picking out the specific day to surprise me and by giving our house key away so that the party could be set up while we were out. It takes a lot to surprise me, and I have to say they pulled it off nicely! I never expected it and was showered with so much love from them as well as gifts from many friends back home. People had even gone so far as to think of Sawyer and make sure her had a few little gifts to open. But honestly, the balloons were enough for him! HA!
The other part that I absolutely loved was the fact that this was something I could tell Benjamin about his birth that was different than that of Sawyer's. So much seemed extra special with Sawyer with him being the first that I am very sensitive to Benjamin just getting the hand-me-downs. This is one thing Benjamin will have that Sawyer will not and I love it!
Thanks to all who made this possible and to those who took the time to shower us with love! I will never forget it!!
We arrived back to our place and everyone seemed to be going way to slow for me in making progress back into the house. I led the way, opened the front door, and suddenly was stunned with the house covered with streamers, balloons, and my Gurgaon American sisters INSIDE the house! With those ladies infront and my team behind, SURPRISE was shouted loudly and all I could think was, "whose birthday is it?" However, as soon as I saw my "princess" chair covered with presents and my favorite snack foods on the table, I realized it was a baby shower for Benjamin and I. And yes, I started tearing up! Especially when I saw that Tiffany had made a HUGE bowl of peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate.
Apparently my sisters in Gurgaon called my sisters on the team and planned out the entire thing. My wonderful husband was also in on it in picking out the specific day to surprise me and by giving our house key away so that the party could be set up while we were out. It takes a lot to surprise me, and I have to say they pulled it off nicely! I never expected it and was showered with so much love from them as well as gifts from many friends back home. People had even gone so far as to think of Sawyer and make sure her had a few little gifts to open. But honestly, the balloons were enough for him! HA!
The other part that I absolutely loved was the fact that this was something I could tell Benjamin about his birth that was different than that of Sawyer's. So much seemed extra special with Sawyer with him being the first that I am very sensitive to Benjamin just getting the hand-me-downs. This is one thing Benjamin will have that Sawyer will not and I love it!
Thanks to all who made this possible and to those who took the time to shower us with love! I will never forget it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment