Gotta Hate Dangerous, Fast Moving Pillars

I (alicia) have begun driving just a bit around our sector in Gurgaon.  That may sound so elementary, but in India, driving is truly one of the biggest challenges we face.  I have to depend on JP to take me anywhere I need to go.  So with just the little driving I have accomplished thus far comes an amazing freedom and independence that I have missed.  I can drive around in our complex, down the busy road a few kilometers to the grocery store inside one of our malls, make a u-turn (CRAAAAZY!), continue down the same busy road, take the round about where objects are coming at you from all sides, and then back into our complex with no problems.  Or, at least, usually.

Today, however, I hit something.  Not a car, truck, or tut-tut.  Not a motorcycle, rickshaw, or pedestrian.  A cement pillar?  Yes.  "Hit" is not exactly the term I would use.  Rather bumped.  I was parking our Innova in the "dark dungeon" of a basement parking garage when suddenly, out of nowhere, a dangerous, fast moving pillar appeared in front of me, and stopped me completely.  The good news is that no one was hurt; that is unless you count the new, small scratch on the front, left side of the car a boo-boo.  Oops!

But in my defense, judging distance from the right side of a vehicle when, for 14 years I have been used to the left, and doing so in a dark parking garage that reminds one of a poorly designed maze, is quite difficult.  So kudos to me for even trying!  Right

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oops! I've done that before...when I was 16 in the church parking lot. It was my friend's parents' van.