Gifts Reflecting the Heart

What makes a gift priceless? I have always believed that it is not what you give to a person or how much you spend, but the meaning that reflects their heart that is behind the gift that matters most!

These past weeks we have received a few gifts from dear friends and family for Sawyer. These gifts were among some of our favorites because of the reflections of the hearts behind them. And as you can imagine, I cried while opening each one!

Often events happen in life that don't make sense and are very difficult. But as followers of Jesus, we trust and believe that all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. As well as the belief that He works in mighty ways and can bring love and glory no matter the circumstances. These gifts pictured above were from 2 friends who had purchased these outfits for their sons. However, the boys were never able to wear them. So instead, they gave them to us so that our son could wear them! Sawyer will always know how special these gifts were and the amazing hearts from which they were given.

This is a picture of a blanket that was made by my Aunt Cathy, my mom's sister, before I was born. It was one of the blankets my mom used all time with me and now, I will use it with Sawyer. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of how everything seems to work out perfectly sometimes. Sawyer's room has an African theme to it and one of the pictures in his room is of a giraffe that Josh-Pruitt took while living in Africa. Who knew? Plus Mom also gave me my nursery rhyme books from when I was little as well as a little green squeaking bear that I loved.

No comments: